Working with Dasta
At Dasta, we do things a bit differently. We partner with major Georgian companies and handle their information: we organize it, we store it, and we deliver it. The information we handle is essential to our Clients. And we cannot afford mistakes. We have to get it right. The First Time. Every. Single. Time.
We are also building a completely new industry in Georgia: the records and information management industry. We are doing things that company has ever done before in this country. We are unlike a vast majority of Georgian companies. Our competitive edge is being more professional, more organized and more service oriented than any other company—Client or competitor—in the country. If you want a typical office job, working at Dasta might not be the right thing for you. In fact, it probably isn’t for most people. It takes a special kind of person to succeed at Dasta. Our employees come from an array of backgrounds, but all are embracing the road less travelled.
Here are some of the things that we do that might not appeal to you:
- Details: We are compulsively obsessed with details. In order to serve our clients well, we need to get the details right every single time. We constantly check our work and the work of our colleagues to make sure that we don’t make mistakes.
- Customer focus: We put our customers first. We do our best to meet their requests, and always take their calls, even after working hours.
- Technology: We are an IT-focused company. We are Excel power users, and live inside our special records management software. We are happy to teach you, but we expect you to be willing and eager to learn.
- Hard work: We are more than just desk workers. Most of the information that we deal with is on paper. Paper is heavy, and often dusty. When stuff needs to get done, everyone, including the management team, puts their gloves on and gets to work. Even if you are a not a warehouse worker, you will lift a box once in a while, and you will definitely spend at least sometime in client archives. We operate like a start-up, everyone is a warehouse worker, a cleaner, a salesperson and an operations expert during an average week at Dasta.
- Hard work: We work hard. Very hard. The key to success is, to a reasonable extent, putting in the effort required. We learn by pushing ourselves beyond our comfort zones, not by doing what we already know how to do at a leisurely pace. If you can’t imagine working past 19:00 or on some Sundays when needed, this job is likely not for you.
- Feedback: We give you real feedback. If you do something wrong, we will tell you, and you will learn from it. We will be honest with you, and let you know what your weaknesses are. However, we will also tell you how to improve. Just be open.
However, perhaps you are one of those people for whom Dasta is a great place to work. Here are some of the possible reasons why:
- Learning: You will learn extremely fast. We will push your limits, and you will discover that you can do things that you had never considered possible.
- Responsibility: You will be given responsibility, and you will be expected to make your own decisions. You will quickly learn how to take ownership of a project and assume responsibility.
- Active: You will get into great shape! Carrying a few boxes a day keeps the obesity away.
- International exposure: You will work in an international environment. Our management team and shareholders are very international, and we work a lot with international vendors. If you don’t know English already, you will definitely learn it.
If you end up at Dasta, things will change. You will catch the Dasta bug. Never will you be able to look at something again without spotting mistakes in the details that you wouldn’t even have thought about before you started working at Dasta. Never will you be able to look at a mess again without feeling the need to organize it. Never will you be able to have a normal job again, without being constantly challenged and constantly learning!